- Soong, T.T. and Dargush, G.F.(1997), "Passive Energy Dissipation Systems in Structural Engineering", John Wiley & Sons Ltd., London (UK) and New York (USA).
- NEHRP, National Earthquake Hazard Reduction Program (1997), “NEHRP.
- Recommended Provisions for Seismic Regulations for New Buildings and Other Structures", Federal Emergency Management Agency, Report No. FEMA 302, Washington, D.C., to be published.
- Chopra, A.K. (2001), "Dynamics of Structures", Theory and Application to Earthquake Engineering.
- Julio, C.M. (1995), "Passive and Active Control of Structures", Presented for The Degree of Master of Sciense in Civil Engineering-Earthquake Engineering in Massachusetts Institute of Tchnology.
- Ashour, S., Hanson R.D. and Scholl R.E. (1993), "Effect of Supplemental Damping on Earthquake Response".
- Aiken, I.D., Nims D.K., Whittaker A.S. and Kelly J.M. (1993), “Testing of Passive Energy Dissipation Systems", EERI, Earthquake Spectra, Volume 9, Number 3.
- Anderson, D.L., Devall, R.H., Lofflor, R.J. and Vetura, C.E. (1999), “Preliminary Guidelines for the Non-Linear Analysis and Design of Hysteretic (Displacement Dependent) Energy Dissipation Devices in Buildings".
- Mahmoodi, P. (1969), "Structural Dampers", ASCE, 95(8), pp.1661-1672.
- Ross, D., Uangar, E.E., and Kerwin, E.W. (1959), “Damping of Plate Flexural Vibrations Means of Viscoelastic Laminar, Structural Damping", (ed., Ruzicka, E.J.), ASME, NY.
- Morgenthaler, D.R. (1987), “Design and Analysis of Passive Damped Large Space Structures", Role of Damping in Vibration and Noise Control, ASCE, NY, pp.1-8.
- Zhang, R.H., Soong, T.T. and Mahmoodi, P. (1989), "Seismic Response of Steel Frame Structures with Added Viscoelastic Dampers, ASCE, 18(5), pp.389-396.
- Zhang, R.H. Soong, T.T. (1992), "Seismic Design of Viscoelastic Dampers for Structural Application", ASCE, 118(5), pp.1375-1392.
- Chang, K.C., Lai, M.L., Soong, T.T., Hao, D.S. and Yeh, Y.C. (1993a), "Seismic Behavior and Design Guide Lines for Steel Frame Structures with Added Viscoelastic Damper", NCEER 93-0009, National Center for Earthquake Engineering Research, Buffalo, NY.
- Ferry, J.D. (1980), "Viscoelastic Properties of Polymer", John Wiley, New York, NY.
- Zimmer, M. (2000), "Characterization of Viscoelastic Materials for Use in Seismic Energy Dissipation Systems", Master of Science Thesis, Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Zhang, R.H. and Soong, T.T. (1992), “Seismic Design of Viscoelastic Dampers for Structural Applications", ASCE, 118(5), pp.1375-1392.