- Aragão, F. and Kim, Y. (2011) "Characterization of Fracture Properties of Asphalt Mixtures Based on Cohesive Zone Modeling and Digital Image Correlation Technique", Transportation Research Board 90th Annual Meeting, Washington DC, January pp.23-27, 2011.
- Birgisson, B., Montepara, A. and Napier, J. (2006) "Micromechanical Analyses for Measurement and Prediction of Hot-Mix Asphalt Fracture Energy", Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 1970, pp. 186-195.
- Birgisson, B., Sangpetngam, B. and Roque, R. (2002) "Prediction of the Viscoelastic Response and Crack Growth in Asphalt Mixtures using the Boundary Element Method", Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 1789, pp. 129-135.
- Dave, E., Leon, S. and Park, K. (2011) "Thermal Cracking Prediction Model and Software for Asphalt Pavements", First Congress of Transportation and Development Institute (TDI), Chicago, Illinois, United States, March 13-16, 2011, American Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 667-676.
- Kim, H. and Buttlar, W. (2009) "Discrete fracture modeling of asphalt concrete", International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 46, pp. 2593-2604.
- Li, X., Marasteanu, M., Iverson, N. and Labuz, J. (2006) "Observation of Crack Propagation in Asphalt Mixtures with Acoustic Emission", Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 1970, pp. 171-177.
- Lin, S. (2011) "Evaluation of HMA Fracture Mechanics-Based Thermal Cracking Model", Department of Transport Science, Stockholm, Sweden: Royal Institute of Technology.
- Mojiri, S. (2010) "Numerical Analysis of Cohesive Crack Growth Using Extended Finite Element Method (X-FEM)", Nantes, France: Ecole Centrale de Nantes (ECN).
- NG, K. and Dai, Q. (2011) "Investigation of Fracture Behavior of Heterogeneous Infrastructure Materials with Extended-Finite-Element Method and Image Analysis", Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 12, pp. 1662-1671.
- Roque, R., Zhang, Z. and Sankar, B. (1999) "Determination of Crack Growth Rate Parameters of Asphalt Mixtures Using the Superpave Indirect Tension Test (IDT)", Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Vol. 68, pp. 404-433.
- Sangpetngam, B., Birgisson, B. and Roque, R. (2003) "Development of an Efficient Hot Mix Asphalt Fracture Mechanics-Based Crack Growth Simulator", Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 1832, pp. 105-112.
- Song, S., Paulino, G. and Buttlar, W. (2006) "Simulation of Crack Propagation in Asphalt Concrete Using an Intrinsic Cohesive Zone Model", Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 132, No.11, pp. 1215-1223.
- Wang, H., Zhang, C., Yang, L. and You, Z. (2013) "Study on the rubber-modified asphalt mixtures’ cracking propagation using the extended finite element method", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 47, pp. 223-230.
- Wang, L. (2011) "Mechanics of Asphalt:Microstructure and Micromechanics", New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Wu, R., Denneman, E. and Harvey, J. (2009) "Evaluation of an embedded discontinuity method for finite element analysis of hot mix asphalt concrete cracking", Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 2127, pp. 82-89.
- Yang, X., Yin, A., Gao, H. and Zhu, H. (2012) "Tensile fracture simulation of random heterogeneous asphalt mixture with cohesive crack model", Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 92, pp. 40-55.
- Yang, Z., Yin, A. and Yang, X. (2013) "2D and 3D fracture modeling of asphalt mixture with randomly distributed aggregates and embedded cohesive cracks", Procedia IUTAM (IUTAM Symposium on Multiscale Problems in Stochastic Mechanics 2012), Vol. 6,
- Zhang, Z., Roque, R., Birgisson, B. and Sangpetngam, B. (2001) "Identification and Verification of a Suitable Crack Growth Law (with Discussion)", Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Vol. 70,